Buffalo Chicken Stuffed PotatoYield: 1
- 1 6-oz baking potato, well scrubbed and dried
- ½ tsp (or so) olive oil
- ½ cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp wing sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 1 scallion, white & green parts coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the potato all over with a fork, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and lay it directly on the middle oven rack.
- Bake the potato for 45-60 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the potato gives a little when you squeeze it.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, buffalo wing sauce, garlic powder, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and warm for 1-2 minutes or until the butter is melted.
- Cut a cross on top of the potato and squeeze the sides open.
- Top potato with chicken mixture. Garnish with blue cheese and scallions. Eat.
Well, while it wasn't wings, but it was a pretty decent substitute ... and not just because I've recently become totally infatuated with baked potatoes. I used Sweet Baby Ray's. It starts off sweet and smoky like barbecue and then the tongue begins to tingle and there's a delicious bloom of heat. Mind you, I'm pretty much a lightweight when it comes to hot sauces, so ymmv.