In this case, I went "Southwestern" with a little fajita seasoning, guacamole, and salsa. Olive oil, avocado, salmon ... it's an extravaganza of healthy fats! And also a convenient way to use up party leftovers. Recipe serves one, but is easily doubled, etc as needed.
Easy Southwestern SalmonYield: 1
- 1 6 oz portion boned & skinned salmon fillet
- 1 tsp fajita seasoning [Penzeys]
- 2 Tbsp guacamole
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush a pie plate or baking dish with olive oil.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and place on the pie plate. If your salmon has a thin end, fold it under for even cooking.
- Rub salmon with fajita seasoning blend.
- Bake salmon, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily and has reached 145°F.
- Serve salmon topped with guacamole and salsa over rice or whathaveyou.