Shrimp & Avocado ToastsYield:12ish toasts
- 6 oz can tiny shrimp, rinsed and well drained
- 2 Campari tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1½ Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, stoned and diced small
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha or preferred hot sauce, as desired
- Melba or toasted thin-sliced sliced baguette
- Gently combine shrimp, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, avocado, and lime juice so that the ingredients are well mixed, but the avocado remains chunky.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sriracha to taste.
- Serve on melba toasts.
I apologize for the quality of my photos -- I took them in a rush and failed to notice the terrible focus issues at the time. Also, I swear my avocado was not that shade of yellow, but a nice (avocado!) green. Ugh.
Anyway, they taste pretty good! Promise.