Baked Breaded Tilapia FilletsYield: 2
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp salt-free Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp roasted garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 6 oz boned skinned tilapia fillets
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place egg in a pie plate or shallow soup bowl. In another pie plate, whisk together cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper flakes and pepper.
- Dip fillets in egg, then lift up and allow excess egg to drip back into pie plate.
- Dip eggy fillets into cheese mixture, pressing fillet down firmly for an even coat.
- Place in a greased quart (9"x13") sheet baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until fish reaches 145°F and flakes easily with a fork.
The mashed potatoes came from the fried chicken place down the street which has become my go to stop for supper sides when I'm feeling too low to toss a salad or boil potatoes. They make the best fried chicken , yes, but their mashed potatoes and tossed salad are pretty darn fine.
I overcooked the carrots a bit, because I was reading a book while cooking (I know! I know!) and they came out a bit too squishy for my taste, but The Husband thought they were lovely!