Basically, instead of making a sheet of bark, I made little circular splodges of melted chocolate and decorated them with dried fruits and nuts. They taste a treat, are perfectly portioned, and (imho) present a little nicer than the bark.
Berry & Chocolate NibblesYield: Depends on how much you like chocolate!
- 4 oz good quality dark chocolate morsels
- Dried fruit and nuts, as desired
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon to make bite-sized chocolate circular splodges on the paper. Then scatter a few dried berries across each circle.
- Place in the fridge to harden, about 20 minutes.
If using freeze-dried fruit, these are best eaten within a day or two as the freeze-dried fruit will "plump up" and become less crispy. Nibbles made with "regular" dried fruit keep at least a week in the fridge.