- Beef barley vegetable soup with Texas toast. Uses meat, vegetables, and toast from the freezer plus some of my unending supply of quick-cooking barley.
- "Tuna with Tomato-Caper Sauce" with garlicky spinach and couscous pilaf. Uses tuna and vegetables from the freezer, plus canned goods out of the pantry.
- "Five-Spice Roasted Duck Breasts" with green beans or broccoli and rice. Uses duck and spinach from the freezer, plus a spice blend I tend to ignore.
- Roasted eye of round with mushroom sauce, buttery baby potatoes, and green beans or Brussels sprouts. (Something I'm trying out for the February Improv Challenge so it's a bit fiddly and best done on the weekend).
- Supper leftovers.
- Soups and yogurts.
- Cinnamon raisin mini bagels with peanut butter and sliced apple.
- Egg & whites with spinach, peppers, & onions.