- Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens, a new product, are great to use in smoothies, for hot chocolate, in coffee, and can be added in cookies, protein bars, and puddings. It has 5 servings of vegetables and antioxidants with important vitamins and minerals and no sugar. It’s dairy and soy free and has superfoods in it. There’s different flavors to chose from too, but since this is Choctoberfest we're obviously working with the chocolate-flavored Greens!
- Omega Swirl is a blend of Organic Evening Primrose Oil and Organic Flaxseed Oil and contains essential Omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. While it tastes all sweet and chocolaty, Chocolate-Mint Essential Woman Omega Swirl is sweetened naturally with xylitol so it's actually sugar-free and contains fewer calories and carbohydrates than regular table sugar.
While I was pretty sure no-one wanted a recipe for a mint chocolate milkshake (simply because it's too obvious to need a recipe) I thought a pudding -- a mint chocolate pudding fortified with Silk Greens and flavored with Omega Swirl -- might fly with you all. There's actual cooking in pudding-making, after all, and I'd made enough puds in the past that I (probably) knew what I was doing and (probably) wouldn't create a horrible mutant pudding that would make Barlean's come to my house and repossess my container of Greens.
Anyway, I think this pudding turned out really well! Dark and rich (but not heavy) with a beautiful color, it was dead easy to make and keeps well, covered, in the fridge. If you prefer a sweeter, more mild pudding (more like the instant mix stuff), feel free to boost the sugar and/or use milk chocolate morsels.
Barlean's Mint Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups plain almond coconut milk blend
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- ¼ semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 Tbsp granulated white sugar, such as Imperial Sugar
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 scoops Barlean's Chocolate Silk Greens
- 1 Tbsp Barlean's Chocolate-Mint Essential Woman Omega Swirl Supplement
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Raspberries and fresh mint, for garnish
- Whisk together ½ cup milk and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1½ cups milk, cocoa, chocolate morsels, sugar, espresso powder, and Greens in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook, whisking regularly, over medium heat until the morsels have melted.
- Whisk in cornstarch slurry and cook over medium-low heat, whisking regularly, until pudding thickens and begins to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and quickly whisk in Omega Swirl and vanilla.
- Divide pudding evenly between four small bowls or dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with raspberries and mint, if desired.
If you're feeling inspired to try cooking with Barlean's Greens, you should consider subscribing to Barlean's Better Life newsletter which is full of product information, tips, offers, and coupons!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway for fabulous Choctoberfest prizes!