|Love this speckled lettuce -- makes every salad fancy.|
I tried to dice all the vegetables small -- pea-sized, actually -- for a bite-sized delicousness. Who wants to fork up some salad, get a tiny pea and a big chunk of celery? Eh.
Very Veggie Tuna Macaroni SaladYield: 4 generous servings
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 5 oz can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- ⅔ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅔ cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup diced radishes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise [Hellmann's]
- ½ cup light peppercorn ranch dressing
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Greek seasoning blend [Penzeys]
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine tuna, vegetables, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour frozen peas into the bottom of a colander. Drain macaroni over peas and rinse in cold water; add to tuna mixture.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, dressing, cheese, and seasoning blend in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture into pasta bowl and stir to coat. Refrigerate macaroni salad for a few hours before serving.