You can see the (better) prosciutto-wrapped, cheese-stuffed chicken breasts recipe I actually submitted for April's Improv Challenge here. The cheese still escaped, but the flavors were better.
Ham & Cheesy Chicken BreastsYield: 2
- 4 thin slices prosciutto de parma
- 4 tbsp soft spreadable cheese like Boursin or Aloutte
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the prosciutto in pairs on the baking sheet.
- Slice each chicken breast in half, almost-but-not-quite all the way through, so it is falls open like a book.
- Stuff each breast with half of the cheese, then gently smoosh together to close. Place each breast cross-wise on a slice of prosciutto. Fold the prosciutto over the chicken and tuck the ends under.
- Arrange tomatoes around the chicken. Drizzle both with olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with lots of pepper.
- Roast for 20 mins until the chicken is golden around the edges and the tomatoes look a little shriveled.