Roasting to the rescue. Well, under-roasting so that the broccolini is cooked but still a bit crunchy. Al dente broccolini, if you will. It kinda-sorta worked ... the broccolini was delicious straight from the oven but reheating still did some damage.
Easy Lemony Roasted Broccolini
Yield: 2 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
- 15± fresh broccolini stems, washed and trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 lemon, zested
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread broccolini on large jelly roll pan and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Roast for approximately 15 minutes or until stems are crisp-tender and tops are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. When reheated and ready to serve, sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
When I reheated the broccolini in work's microwave, the stalks stayed fairly firm ... but the lovely crisp tops went limp. Next time, I will pack in glass instead of plastic and try reheating the broccolini in the toaster oven. Perhaps they will retain their crispness a bit better that way?