My go-to roasted corn recipe is to place the ears, trimmed but still in their husks, straight onto the rack of a 400°F oven and cook them for about 20 minutes or until they look pretty brown and the kitchen smells like corn. (Time really depends on number and size of ears, so you do have to keep an eye on them).
As a time saver, you can find bags of frozen roasted corn at most grocery stores and thaw them for use in this salad. Also, I used garlic vinegar (because GARLIC), but you could probably use white wine vinegar with equally good results.
Basilicious Corn & Tomato Pasta SaladYield: 6
- 3 cups roasted corn (about 4 ears)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 3 oz mini farfalle (tiny bow tie) noodles, cooked as directed for al dente
- Generous palmful of basil, chopped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp garlic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, gently tossing to coat well. Cover and let rest for about an hour or refrigerate until ready to serve.
While the little bit of leftovers was still pretty tasty the next day, I wouldn't recommend making this too far ahead because it simply tasted best the day of. If you are going to make this hours ahead, stir the basil in just before serving, because otherwise it wilt and lose its bright color.