Stuffed Pepper SoupYield: 6 generous servings
- 1 lb ground beef [Nature's Promise Organics]
- 1 small red onion, chopped [Farmers' Market]
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped [Connecticut Garlic & Harvest Festival]
- 2 32 oz containers beef stock [Nature's Promise Organics]
- 28 oz crushed fire-roasted tomatoes [Muir Glen]
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 large chopped green pepper [Farmers' Market]
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher flake salt
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp salt-free Italian seasoning blend [Penzeys]
- Heat olive oil in a French oven. Add onions, garlic, and beef and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and gently simmer for 30-40 minutes or until rice is cooked the way you like it.