Roasting frozen vegetables like asparagus and brussels sprouts gives them a much texture than steaming frozen vegetables as they retain some firmness and the oven's heat crisps their edges. I like crispy edges!
One-Pan Roasted Salmon & AsparagusServings: 2
- ½ lb wild-caught Alaskan salmon
- 10 oz frozen organic asparagus (DO NOT THAW)
- olive oil, as needed
- zest of one lemon
- Herbes de Provence, as desired [Penzeys]
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the salmon fillet on the pan with the frozen asparagus stalks. Drizzle everything lightly with olive oil and season with lemon zest and Herbes de Provence.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon.
My recipe calls for half a pound of salmon, but I cooked a full pound this time so that I would have leftovers to top tossed salads later in the week. Therefore, I roasted the salmon for 10, added the asparagus, and continued roasting for another 10.